Thinking About Buying a Cone Beam CT?
Consider dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) if you are looking for a way to produce 3-D images of teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bones all in a single scan. When dental or facial x-rays are not enough, CBCT can give you the information you need to have confidence in your ability to treat a patient’s condition without sending them to a different provider.
The amazing resolution and specificity of these 3-D images also enable you to paint a compelling picture of the need for treatment to your patients suffering from diseases of the jaw, dentition, bony face structures, nasal cavity and sinuses. While dental cone beam CT has higher radiation exposure, it is till much lower compared to a conventional CT scan.
The procedure itself requires no special preparation for your patients, and the face-to-face adjustment of the scanner helps to keep them comfortable and calm. The x-ray moves around the patient and allows you to produce a large number of clear, high resolution images that enable more exacting treatment planning. Dental cone beam CT scans are used for more complex cases, including:
- Planning surgery for impacted teeth, orthodontia, and reconstructive surgery
- Placement of implants
- Diagnosis of TMJ
- Evaluation of the jaw, nasal cavity, sinuses, nerve canals
- Detection and measurement of tumors of the jaw
- Determination of tooth orientation and bone structure
- Origin of pathology determination
DES Dental offers the Imageworks dental cone beam CT, with its easy-to-use software enabling you to quickly learn how to interpret and clearly explain the scan images to your patients. The many benefits of having a dental cone beam CT in your office include:
- The cone beam x-ray reduces scatter and improves scan image quality
- Many views and angles can be gained from just one scan
- Enables more precise treatment planning than conventional dental x-ray
- Ability to view both bone and soft tissue in a single scan
- Painless, noninvasive and extremely accurate and exact images
- CT scans have no immediate side effects and leave no radiation in a patient
Adding the ability to offer this high level of imaging and expertise within your office gives patients peace of mind and allows them to stay with your practice while treating more complex issues. As you know, often a problem presents itself in one way, and turns out to be more extensive or complex than it may appear with traditional x-rays. With the precision of cone beam CT technology creating images like these, you can feel confident that you are seeing the whole picture before you make a treatment plan.
Specific features of the ImageWorks Panoura Cone Beam CT include:
- 16-Bit Sensor – this is what creates these amazingly detailed images. A 16-bit sensor has twice as many shades of grey as a 15-bit per pixel, and four times the greyshades of a 14-bit. Fantasitc texture and contrast are at your fingertips.
- FMX Clippings & Bitewings – Instead of taking 18 individual images with an intraoral X-ray, all 18 images can be generated at one time in just 14 seconds.
- Easy 3D Upgrade – The basic 2D panoramic unit can be upgraded to 3D, offering you peace of mind that your initial investment is protected and you can easily and efficiently add on the 3D capacity later.
- Small Footprint – The Panoura’s small footprint makes it a practical solution for offices short on space. Make the most of your square footage and improve your services and income.
If you’re ready to add a cone beam CT to your dental office, give us a call at DES Dental, +1 (855) 877-0692, and we’ll be glad to give you more details.